Bright Motor Group has supported the East Wall community in North Dublin by donating €5,000 to St. Joseph’s Co-ed. Primary School.
The donation will go towards much needed reading packs for pupils in receipt of extra teaching support, literacy resources and science equipment.
Bright Motor Group has relocated its Seat and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles franchises from East Wall to Airside Motor Park, Swords, ending a 33-year relationship with the area.
The company says the donation is made in recognition of the community which was home to the dealership and from where a number of the staff were employed.
St. Joseph’s Co-ed. Primary School is a mixed primary school located in East Wall and first opened its doors to the children of the community in 1959.
Ciaran O’Riordan, director of Bright Motor Group commented: “We are delighted to be able to support the children of East Wall and to give back to the community by donating to such a fantastic school.”
Niall Heneghan, principal of the primary school added: “We are most grateful to Bright Motor Group for providing funding for extra literacy and science resources for the pupils in our school. The resources will help us to create more enjoyable and meaningful learning experiences for the children.”
The East Wall showroom first opened its doors in 1988 under the ownership of the late Tom Canavan as a highly successful Volvo and Honda dealership.
It was at a time when the area was in need of developments and it was a long way from the modern and progressive area that we see today. The dealership had a long-standing presence in the area under the management of both Tom Canavan Motors and more recently, Bright Motor Group.