Thermo King, which is represented in Ireland by Ballinlough Refrigeration, took home the first place in the ‘Smart Trailer’ category of the Trailer Innovation 2021 awards.
The jury of 16 renowned European transport magazines recognised Thermo King for its Advancer A-Series, a disruptive new re-imagining of the trailer refrigeration unit. The new Advancer A-Series offers an all-new design architecture that creates a bold new standard for performance, temperature control, and fleet connectivity.
“We are thrilled by this response to our vision for the future of trailer refrigeration. This award reflects the focus Thermo King places on challenging what is possible in our industry,” said Francesco Incalza, president of Thermo King Europe, Middle East and Africa. “With Advancer, we have created a trailer refrigeration unit that features innovations never before seen on the market. A completely new architecture that incorporates the expectations of our customers along with decades of Thermo King’s knowledge and experience.”
The Advancer A-Series includes features that Thermo King says comprehensively address a wide range of operational and financial challenges, including:
- Up to 40 per cent quicker pull down and up to 30 per cent better fuel-efficiency than the market average
- Fully variable airflow that can be regulated for each journey and cargo, and is independent from unit engine speed
- Unrivalled electrical and fuel efficiency contributing to lower CO2 footprint and engines with 50 percent less emissions than the maximum allowed by latest NRMM Stage V emission standards
- Electronic engine speed control on the A-400 and A-500 units, which makes them the first units on the market to give complete transparency of fuel levels and fuel consumption. The fuel consumption data will be recorded, displayed, and made available remotely via telematics
- Lower maintenance costs and enhanced serviceability compared to the predecessor, thanks to sensors offering more insight into the engine, fuel, battery and the performance of other key components
- Future-ready power agnostic capabilities that can utilise diesel, axle generator, or shore power sources with ease
- Fleet intelligence as standard, with Advancer being the first-ever unit to offer two years of full telematics connectivity in the purchase price.