Renault Trucks has agreed a deal with the Carlsberg Group to supply 20 all-electric trucks.
The 20 D Wide Z.E. 100 per cent electric 26-tonne trucks will be delivered to Carlsberg later this year, and will be operated by the Feldschlösschen brewery in Switzerland.
Renault Trucks said that urban transport needs to move towards electric mobility quickly to improve quality of life in city centres and tackle global CO2 emissions.
Bruno Blin, president of Renault Trucks commented: “It is the first order of this scale in Europe. It proves to our customers that the transport sector is undergoing a major transformation and reflects an industrial and commercial reality: our Renault Trucks electric trucks are rolling off the assembly line and will be on the roads of Europe in a few weeks’ time.”
The 20 Renault trucks will make daily delivery rounds of between 100-200 km to supply Feldschlösschen Swiss clients from the brewer’s 15 logistical sites in the country.
Renault Trucks D Wide Z.E. technical specifications
• GVW: 26 tonnes. Weight: 27 tonnes
• Available wheelbase: 3,900 mm
• Two electric motors with a total rating of 370 kW (260 kW continuous output)
• Maximum torque of electric motors: 850 Nm
• Maximum torque rear axle: 28 kNm
• Two-speed gearbox
• Energy storage: lithium-ion batteries, 200 kWh
• Real-world operating range: up to 200 km