DAF expands product range for construction segment
In order to further enhance suitability for the specific requirements of operators in the construction sector, DAF Trucks is expanding its range to include a number of new vehicle configurations, including an 8×4 ‘tridem’ rigid with double-drive tandem and steered trailing rear axle.
DAF is also introducing a 10-tonne front axle, and a completely new 7.5-tonne non-steered trailing axle.
Range of axles expanded
- New 10-tonne front axle – Avoids overloading with diminishing loads; For use with heavy cranes directly behind the cab
- New 7.5-tonne non-steered trailing axle -Die cast, ultra-rigid axle housing; Lower weight; Static load capacity of 26 tonnes
New vehicle configurations
- CF and XF 8×4 FAW tridem rigid with double-drive and steered trailing axle – Maximum traction for on/off road operation; Gross payload of up to 27 tonnes; Excellent manoeuvrability
- CF 10×4 rigid with double-drive tandem and steered pusher axle – Tipper chassis for heavy usage; Conversion by Estepe; GVW of 49 tonnes ;Net payload of approximately 30 tonnes
- 8×2 rigid with two steered front axles and steered trailing axle now also available as an XF – GVW of 37 tonnes
XF 8×4 FTM tractor for exceptional transport
- Combination weights of up to 120 tonnes
- Technical GVW of 41 tonnes
DAF Services provides maximum transport efficiency to operators in the construction sector
Richard Zink, Director of Marketing and Sales and member of the Board of Management at DAF Trucks said: “We ended the year as the second largest truck brand in Europe with a market share of 16.6 per cent in the heavy class. We were the market leader in no fewer than seven countries, produced a record number of 67,000 trucks and were once again the largest import brand in Germany — Europe’s largest truck market. Moreover, DAF has been the undisputed leader in the tractor-unit segment in Europe for many years now.
“This is why we intend to make ourselves an even more prominent contender in the rigids and construction vehicle segment.
“This is a segment with considerable growth potential for DAF. We offer a strong range of robust chassis and axles, efficient drivelines and comfortable cabs. DAF provides the best truck for every application.”