Iveco has launched its second annual Service Challenge, the competition that rewards the best service teams in the brand’s European Truck Station network.
This year the Service Challenge criteria have been expanded to include categories such as time of arrival, repair within 24 hours and efficiency in managing recall campaigns, as well as a more detailed approach to measuring the quality of the support provided by the teams. This will entail verifying if the technicians have completed the required skills training, achieving certification, and cross checking that they have the competency needed to carry out every repair on the vehicles arriving in their workshop. The Truck Stations will also be evaluated on parts availability in their on-site stores.
The first Service Challenge succeeded in engaging the teams across Europe, fostering a friendly competitive spirit among them to be the best. It also provided an incentive for them to commit to the continuous improvement process driven by the Truck Station specialisation programme, contributing to raising the quality of support provided by the network to a new level.
Iveco is setting up a network of 250 Truck Stations across Europe, through an accreditation programme that aims to guarantee customers are always able to access the services of a specialised and highly efficient workshop dedicated to the specific needs of heavy truck fleets. Certified Truck Stations have demonstrated they meet a rigorous set of standards covering all business areas, including expert staff training, extended opening hours and higher parts availability. These stringent criteria set the Truck Stations apart for the high quality of the service they provide, based on their expertise and commitment to the customers: their mission is to minimise the vehicles’ downtime and maximise productivity.
Iveco Truck Station service overview:
- Top quality repairs: Experienced Iveco staff equipped with the most advanced diagnostic tools, excellence in the repairs, speed of delivery, minimum waiting time
- Top staff: Best heavy truck sales and aftersales teams
- Extended opening hours
- Proximity: A network covering all the heavy truck major routes
- Parts availability: Quality logistics services and immediate parts availability for a speedy repair of the vehicle
- Priority lane: Priority for technical support
- Multiple technical services: trailer service; tyre service; body work; AD BLUE® service
- Additional services: truck wash facilities, affiliated hotels and much moreThe inaugural competition’s qualifying criteria focused on each team’s efficiency and speed of intervention (time of arrival + time of repair), the availability of parts (measured through the Parts Availability Index) and the technical competence they demonstrated throughout the qualifying months.
It saw teams from 204 Truck Stations compete for the title, demonstrating their professional approach to supporting IVECO heavy truck fleet customers across Europe. Eight teams from Italy, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, France, the UK, Poland and the Czech Republic won the title of Best Truck Station in their respective markets, while the Italian team from Tentori Veicoli Industriali received the Best European Truck Station Award.