The Road Haulage Association in Britain is calling on the political party leaders to ensure the future stability and prosperity of the UK road haulage industry.
Measures within the Association’s manifesto include:
· Road investment and facilities to support competitiveness
· The unfair fuel duty differential between the UK and the rest of Europe
· Emissions and air quality and the need for a realistic HGV scrappage scheme
· The skills shortage within the industry
· Brexit, including measures to maintain border controls at Calais.
Britain’s hauliers are responsible for moving 85% of the UK economy. It is essential that the new administration understands and is sympathetic to the needs of the industry on which the entire population of the UK depends.