Cromax®, one of the global refinish brands from Axalta Coating Systems, has introduced a new training course for 2016 that specifically focuses on commercial vehicle (CV) repairs. The two-day course, which takes place at the Axalta Refinish Academy in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, has been designed to help boost productivity in CV bodyshops.
Kevin Welling, Training Academy Manager for Axalta Coating Systems in the UK and Ireland, says, “just like passenger vehicles, CV finishes are getting more complex and CV bodyshops are facing a growing need to work as productively and economically as possible. So the days of CV repair training being carried out as a quick demonstration on site are over. The new, dedicated training course from Cromax, Introduction to Imron®, is designed to show refinishers how to get the best out of the Imron product range, with some theoretical classroom-based teaching, and extensive practical, hands-on application in the spraybooth.”
The course covers:
- Working on different substrates
- Working with foundation coats, edge primers, non-sanding surfacers and high-build surfacers
- Application of the Imron Elite paint series
- Use of colour tools, including ChromaWeb, the new colour management software from Cromax, and ChromaVision, the Cromax spectrophotometer
- Application techniques for top coats using conventional HVLP, compliance and pressure-feed spray guns
Participants will get the chance to apply the refinish system on large, three metre panels and on a mid-sized van.
“The course is already proving popular with distributors, who want to learn more about CV repairs, and with bodyshops, who want to make sure their refinishers are using Cromax products as effectively as possible to help drive their businesses forward,” concludes Welling.
For more information or to book a place on the Introduction to Imron course, refinishers can contact their local Cromax distributor or visit the Cromax webshop, www.cromastore.co.uk.