Delco is expanding its coverage once again with the introduction of a new Sprinter Van programme. Anchored on the Delco Remy 18SI™ Alternator, the programme provides customers with a high-quality, high-output option for Sprinter Vans.
Two new 18SI part numbers provide a full 10 years of coverage for Sprinter Vans:
• #8600658: Vehicles manufactured from 2002-2007
• #8600763: Vehicles manufactured from 2008-2012
The 18SI offers a number of clear advantages:
• Maximum performance: Rated at 175 amps, the 18SI provides considerably more power than the standard alternator at road and low engine idle speeds. As a result, the 18SI can recharge batteries quicker and handle greater electrical loads—a key consideration as companies frequently equip these vans with additional auxiliary power requirements.
• Efficiency: The 18SI rates higher in efficiency than the standard unit. This translates to measurable fuel savings.
• Durability: The 18SI’s patented DE bearing protection system helps prevent contamination from road splash. Additionally, long-life brushes are designed to extend the life of the unit.
• OE level quality: The 18SI—which is new service/no core—is built on the OE production line, complying with the same stringent standards set for all Delco Remy OE products.
• Easy installation: Replacing the existing alternator with the new 18SI is a seamless, simple, drop-in replacement.