Diesel starts to degrade from the moment it leaves the refinery and enters the supply chain. This process is intensified through the addition of Biofuel.
Even top grade diesel goes through the process of degradation as it is a natural occurrence and degradation continues while in storage tanks and occurs in two ways:
Condensation takes place inside the tank – either a storage tank or vehicle tanks. Diesel contains dissolved water and when humid air reaches the inner reservoirs, climate conditions generate temperature variations inside the tank, this in turn causes an accumulation of water on the top of the tanks. The accumulated water condenses, and when it falls together with pieces of metal / plastic it contaminates the fuel in the tank.
This sets of a chain of problematic reactions which degrades the fuel and forms “Sludge”:
- The development of Micro-Organisms, Bacteria, Fungi and Yeasts.
- The oxidation of the fuel due to the presence of air and water in the tanks.
- Corrosion of metallic tanks and erosion of plastic tanks.
When more Biofuel is added to diesel, there is a corresponding reduction in the content of sulphur. Sulphur is a natural element that prevents the proliferation of Micro-Organisms, and when reduced will cause the increasing formation of sludge and sediments as a result, which cause obstructions in the whole fuel system.
2. Fuel pumps
3. Conduit pipes
5. Pick up tubes
This degradation of the diesel harms the performance of the fuel, which in turn harms the performance of the engines it is used in, leading to users seeing a loss of power resulting and other problems associated with blocked fuel filters and injectors.
Actioil, is a multi-functional product that has nine groups of chemical components to treat 22 problems at once.
- Eliminates and prevents the reappearance of bacteria.
- Improves the lubricity of the fuel.
- Forms a protective nano-film that prevents corrosion of the tanks and diesel systems.
- Atomizes water particles anes encompasses them so they are eliminated together with the fuel.
- Protects the pumps and injectors.
- Restores the performance of diesel engines.
- Increases the effective life of the fuel from 30 days to nine months.
- Prevents the formation of paraffin and the crystallization of the fuel.
- Transforms the sludge in the base of your tank back into fuel.
Actioil is a treatment with Biocide used worldwide and approved by some of the largest fuel suppliers and vehicle manufacturers. Using Actioil is very easy and provides for long-lasting action restoring your fuel and improving its performance. Actioil can be used as an alternative to the costly cleaning options of draining your tanks and disposing of the sludge in the bottom which is effectively diesel that can be restored for use by using Actioil.
Protection from treatment of your tank with Actioil can last for up to three years. The cleanliness of the storage tank is the guarantee of healthy fuel.
For more information on Actioil A550 go to www.actioil.ie or contact Finol Oils in Dublin on 01 4555 484.