The Coach & Bus Live 2013 took place this week at the NEC in Birmingham with big crowds attending on both days.
TransportParts.ie attended on, Wednesday, the first day of the show.
Show highlights Day 1:
• Volvo and Plaxton introduced the new Volvo B8R Plaxton Leopard. The vehicle, developed for the low-cost sector of the market, promises to keep operator’s costs down. Visitors to the show were amongst the first to get behind the wheel of a Euro 6 version of the all-new coach.
• Man Truck & Bus introduced the new “Individual” line for the Neoplan Starliner 2. The striking coach was alongside a new-look Euro 6 MAN EcoCity bus.
• Plaxton also announced a host of improvements across the Panther range.
• Kinglong Direct launched two new vehicles to the now traditional Chinese fanfare. The XMQ 6120C and XMQ 6129 can be seen on stnd no. Q174
• Parkeon Transit demonstrated it’s innovation in every area of ticketing and bus transport technology. The company showed off it’s over-the-air location tracking of buses and integration with traffic control systems.
• Tranzaura showed off TranzSafety, which has received a really positive response to the it’s roll out. Tranzaura says that the software is easily installed and driver intuitive with only checks applicable to that driver being displayed.
• Volvo Bus chose Coach & Bus Live to introduce the industry to a new-look 9700 complete coach. The vehicle sports a new look front and rear for the Euro 6 version, and is offered with all the benefits of the Volvo Complete Coach offering.
• …and Moseley tested operator reaction on a left hand drive Indcar Mobi (Iveco Daily 70C chassis).